About the Bank
Established in 1932, Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp (OCBC) is the oldest Singapore bank and the second largest bank in South-Eastern Asia. OCBC operates in 15 countries and territories including Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Japan, Australia, United Kingdom, United States.
Opening a bank account is straightforward provided that a director, shareholder or UBO can visit the bank.
Ranked among world’s 5 strongest banks for 5 years, OCBC offers a full range of banking services including internet banking, debit cards and accounts in a variety of currencies.
Required Corporate Documents
- Board Resolution authorising account opening
- Global Business Licence (if applicable)
- Certificate of Godo Standing (if applicable)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association / Constitution
- Register of Members and Directors
- Background information (Prospectus / Annual Report / Financial Statements)
- Business Plan
- Organogram, showing company’s structure
- Additional documents supporting business activity
Required Personal Documents
For Shareholders above 20%, Directors, Beneficial Owners, Ultimate Beneficial Owners and Authorised Signatories:
- ID Card / current valid Passport
- Recent Proof of Address i.e. Recent Utility Bill / Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Bank Reference letter
Note: all the documents must be in English and notarized.
Personal visit is required.
If monthly average balance falls bellow USD 30,000, a fee of USD 100 is applicable.
View and transactional. Several different packages available. 1 free token upon account signup. Additional token – SGD 20 each.
Debit and Credit Cards
Bank offers personalised Business Debit Card MasterCard with your company’s logo and title on the card face.
Time Required for Account Opening
Up to 1 month, once all requested documents received.
Accounts are offered in all major currencies.
- Outward Remittances
- Telegraphic transfer – 0.125 % (min SGD 10 – max SGD 120)
- Internal transfer – free of charge
Incoming transfer – SGD 10
- Active accounts – free of charge
- Dormant accounts – free of charge
- Balance /Audit confirmation (within 12 months) –
- USD 25 Bank reference –
- USD 20 Copy of Swift payment – free of charge
- Account maintenance – USD 100 (if balance below required)
- Account closure within 1st year – USD 1,000
- Bank reference letter – SGD 30
- Audit confirmation letter – SGD 50
- Swift copy – SGD 5