About the Bank
“Founded in 1899 and based in Nicosia, Bank of Cyprus is the leading banking and financial services group on the island. The Group has 136 branches, 130 of which are in Cyprus, 1 in Romania, 4 in United Kingdom and 1 in Channel Islands. Bank of Cyprus also has representative offices in Russia, Ukraine and China.
The importance of the Bank’s role in Cyprus economy was recognized by the Award “”Best Bank in Cyprus 2015″”.
The bank is one of the first banks in Cyprus in providing sophisticated and tailor-made services, satisfying the needs of the international clients. It offers a full range of banking products and services, including sight, notice and fixed term deposit accounts in all major currencies, loans, Visa, MasterCard and American Express business cards, trade finance services, etc.”
Required Corporate Documents
- Board Resolution authorising account opening
- Certificate of Good Standing (if applicable)
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association / Constitution
- Register of Members and Directors
- Business Plan
- Organogram, showing company’s structure
Required Personal Documents
“For Shareholders above 20%, Directors, Beneficial Owners, Ultimate Beneficial Owners and Authorised Signatories:
- ID Card / current valid Passport
- Recent Proof of Address i.e. Recent Utility Bill / Bank or Credit Card Statement
- Bank Reference letter
Personal visit is not required.
View and transactional internet banking is available.
Debit and Credit Cards
Bank offers a wide range of personal and business cards (VISA, MasterCard and American Express).
Time Required for Account Opening
Up to 1 month, once all required documents received.
All major currencies.
- Outward payments:
- Within EU up to EUR 1,000 – EUR 5
- Within EUR between EUR 1,001 and EUR 50,000 – EUR 12
- Within EU above EUR 50,000 – 0.15% (min EUR 5, max EUR 400) processing fee EUR 12
- Outside EU – 0.15% (min EUR 5, ma
EUR 400) processing fee EUR 12″
- Inward payments:
- In EUR, up to EUR 10,000 – free of charge
- In EUR, between EUR 10,001 and EUR 50,000 – EUR 4
- In EUR above EUR 50,001 – EUR 30
- In foreign currency up to EUR 2,000 – EUR 2
- In foreign currency between EUR 2,001 and EUR 50,000 – EUR 10
- In foreign currency above EUR 50,000 – EUR 40
- Other fees:
- Account maintenance – EUR 200 (annually)
- Bank reference letter – EUR 35
- Account closure – EUR 200